Wednesday, January 9, 2013

101.2

The numbers I read as I stared at that thermometer tonight. "Is this thing right?" I thought to myself. Her temperature has never been this high. From the moment I scooped her in my arms I knew my baby girl was not herself. Her first big temperature! 



Last night you can see that the runny nose had started, but tonight it was all sleep and No play. Poor baby girl is sick. Talked to the nurse, scheduled a dr. appt., milk, tylenol, snuggles. Hadley just wanted to sleep. Since about 5PM this is what you can find in Hadley's bedroom.

What a sweet little girl! I can't stop coming in to check her temperature. It is back down to 99.7! I hope this means her fever is breaking and we can get rid of this nasty virus going around at the Benge household. 


The night you entered this world my heart grew. You loved to sleep to the sound of a heart beat from the first moment they placed you in my arms I felt a love I had never known. A love so deep, so tender, so pure my heart was full. Your daddy and I check on you every night and watch you sleep every night, we come in and kiss you goodnight very quietly opening the door just a crack to make sure your still doing ok.

First time away from mommy. 1 mo. old. Grandma and Grandpa babysat so mommy and daddy could go on a date night. 

Tonight is different. Every time you looked up at me with those big glossy eyes my heart strings were pulled a little more. I"m sitting here on the rug of your floor listening to you sleep, because I can't stand the thought of you being alone the first night your sick. 

Let's beat this fever and get a good night's rest! See you later 101.2! No one needs you around these parts!:-)