Saturday, December 11, 2010

snow what???

That's right... SNOW!!! We do live in IOWA and my husband and I just had a discussion last night on the way into town about it being December 10th and there was still no snow on the ground. Check it out.... (this one is from this afternoon)



We love looking at all of the Christmas lights around town so we drove around last night, and since our outlet outside of our house doesn't work and we don't know how to fix it, my husband who I love and is really in the Christmas spirit decided to put Christmas lights up around the garage and fence last night, while I created quit a masterpiece in the kitchen (if I do say so myself) check it out: Gourmet White Pizza and due to our blizzard tonight I wasn't able to get the greatest picture, but here is my attempt. 


(This isn't even the half of it! It has continually gotten worse and this now isn't even the half of it. Nolan and I keep looking out the windows going, "WOW", "I can't believe how windy it is"..... 

Just sayin' I prefer, staying indoors.....
while the roast, potatoes, and carrots cooks slowly in the crock pot.....


As well as a little baking.....plus some black tea with honey for me... I have had a sore throat the past 2 days.... 


I have just been dying to blog this December with so many creative thoughts running through my head....ahh.... December... you are here... our year of 2010 is coming to an end....years just go faster and faster the older you get....

Last weekend I was in a craft show and had a great time... I sold my MIL beautiful mittens and jewelry...



Last weekend we also had the opportunity to get our tree up, since my rule is it has to wait until after my birthday...


We thought since we didn't have anyone to take a picture of the 3 of us, we would try to get a picture of the Kirbster in front of the tree, and there was a lot of bribing to just get this picture and it's not that great... :-) Oh well you can see the tree some Christmas decorations my husband did a great job at putting up the ornaments and we worked together to get this tree up, all fake baby, no pine needles all over this year... 


This week we celebrated.... Congrats to my hubby for passing his CAD classes this semester only one more semester to go, and I had an observation at school which went really well! 


Nahum 1:7 "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and he knows those who trust in Him." 

It was so fun to get out the snowman dishes we got for our wedding a week from today, is our one year anniversary! I can't believe how the time has flown. Every time I tell Nolan, "Can you believe we have been married almost a year?" He goes, "Yes, and will be for 50 more!" Gotta love that man... :-) 

I just can't help it... I put my carharts on to go outside tonight.. and the Kirbster came with me... he hates the cold, but loves his mama. :-) 

I may be a little of a quote/bible verse "junkie" but I don't care... It's fun.. I found some bible verses I wrote down in college and posted them  in my room by my bed to remind me that God is in control and will give us peace. Needless to say, college was one of those experiences in life that I loved and if I had to do it again I would go back to UNI, even though I still need to decide if I'm going to go back for my masters, I'm sure glad I'm done with my undergrad. :-)These verses just remind me of some of the days I went though. 

~ God's Peace~
Which is far beyond human understanding will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Jesus Christ. 
Phillipians 4:7

~Letting go of those reigns we try to hold onto so tightly~
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean no unto thine own understanding. In all the ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6