Friday, February 4, 2011

early out.... and SNOW DAY!!!

February has arrived and I have not posted pictures for a while so this post may seem a bit random, but I'll try to bring it together as much as possible. 


Let's go in rewind for a second to the last part of January. It was jammed packed with lots of fun....


Hubster made amazing ribs!!! Check out the recipe...



















Benge’s Famous Brown Sugar & Honey Baby Back Ribs

Ingredients:
·      ketchup
·      brown sugar
·      water
·      vinegar
·      onion
·      worstshire
·      salt
·      pepper
·      honey
Mix:
·      1 cup of ketchup
·      1 cup of brown sugar
·      ½ cup of water
·      1/4 cup of vinegar
·      ½ onion
·      tablespoon of worsteshire
·      1 tsp. salt
·      1 tsp. pepper
·      ½ tBS. of honey

Mix all ingredients into a mid-sized bowl and stir throughoughly. Boil ribs for 1 hour and a half on stove. Put ribs into metal baking pan. Pour over special mix and bake for 1 hour and a half. ENJOY!!! J

                    

Photobucket

Most of the time you can find me humming/whistling/or singing a tune and while I clean the house it's no different. I have to have music on and be singing a lot. I just find it soothing. Many times Hubby and I dance in the kitchen, and Kirbster looks at us like what are you doing. So I picked up Kirbster and started dancing. I think he's getting the hang of it! :-)

Photobucket

I finally get all 43 of my Christmas/New Year's cards in the mail and low and behold, they get returned because they are "non-machinable" Sorry for all the stamps!!!

Photobucket

You know how they say, "When it rains, it pours" Well it was like that this weekend and we couldn't have been happier. There are weekends when you have hardly anything going on and then there are weekends where it seems that everything falls at one time. Why is that? I remember my dad would always say, "You know not a single car drives by our house for 15 minutes and the minute I go to back out of the drive way 15 cars drive by at the same time" every Sunday before leaving for church. 

So first of all I have to announce that we went to RIVERDANCE!!!! It was amazing! They dont' let you take pictures, but the awesomeness is engraved into our brains. Nolan and I kept looking at each other like Wow, that is amazing. We surprised on of my good friends this past weekend for her birthday and it was so fun! 

The decorating...and this is after having a Kirby vacuum salesmen try to sell us $1,000 dollar vacuums for 2 hours.

Photobucket

Lunch:
Before.....waiting for the birthday girl to arrive.

Photobucket

After...

Photobucket

And surprise off to RIVERDANCE at the Civic Center!!!



Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a packed house and the pictures don't even do it justice!
Photobucket

We were off again.... to sundown...we skied from 1-5 on Sunday and were exhausted and sore, but so worth it!

Photobucket

The crew....

Photobucket

Molly and I right after she almost knocked me down. :-)

Photobucket

It was beautiful!

Photobucket

Of course we had to take breaks to de-freeze ourselves...

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I bent over to get a drink Molly found out I had fallen one to many times...

Photobucket

But then we went back out to ski a couple more runs...





Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I can't believe it is almost the weekend of two very important people's birthday's in my life! My Husband and my Mom! Will update more tomorrow, and I'm so excited to get this weekend started for some quality time together!! :-) 
Photobucket
I love these people! :-)