Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010!

I don't think we knew quite what we were getting ourselves into when we woke up on this beautiful crisp Sunday morning!  Went to church (really good service today), ate at Panera Bread ( Broccoli/Cheddar soup is the best!), we meet the FIL at Menards to pick up brick face and sand, came home and began a pathway from the back of our deck to the garage! This is a HUGE deal for us! We had such a rough winter last year that last winter we had a tiny little pathway scooped with snow as high as to our hips and I fell a couple times trying to get to my car in the garage. GRRr!!! But with the help of our friend and FIL we are in beginning stages of a new walkway! And it is pretty fancy if I do say so myself! Check it out! Hopefully it will be done next weekend! This is before....


The beginning stages...


Digging and leveling...


The first 9 bricks are down...


Then there were 15.... We only got 15 our first trip to Menards, so my FIL and I went back to Menards to get 24 more while the boys dug..


The next ones it was a little darker so I enhanced them, but you get the drift. We decided to make a step and go off to the left to make the pathway to the door.



This is what it looks like now....



This is the remaining candy.....


I fell like I planned for 100 and we only had maybe 35. Oops!! I must say all of the costumes I saw this year were legit and looked really good!

Hope everyone has a great week!! It's the beginning of a great month tomorrow!! :-) 

This is how Kirby puts himself to bed after a long day of being outside and playing with the football. He is so snuggly. 


Here is my quote from last week, that I really liked, so I wanted to share:
It's a mistake to take yourself too seriously. Learn to laugh at all the flaws and foibles that go along with being human. 

Hope every one had a great Halloween!!